AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to add Negative Keywords longer than 80 characters?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I want to add negative keywords to some of my campaign which are longer than 80 characters. I don't know that google don't accept keywords which are longer than 80 characters, i found this keywords while doing search term reports.

Let me know how to solve this matter.

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: How to add Negative Keywords longer than 80 characters?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

It's not necessary to add whole query as a negative keyword if there are limitations in terms of character limit. Rather you can identify the core search term (out of the long search query) which could give rise to number of other irrelevant terms as per your business and include that term as negative keyword at ad group or campaign level depending upon what is best.

You could also think of adding that term in exact, phrase or broad match type as negative based on the permutation/combination of search terms which makes more sense.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: How to add Negative Keywords longer than 80 characters?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

It's not necessary to add whole query as a negative keyword if there are limitations in terms of character limit. Rather you can identify the core search term (out of the long search query) which could give rise to number of other irrelevant terms as per your business and include that term as negative keyword at ad group or campaign level depending upon what is best.

You could also think of adding that term in exact, phrase or broad match type as negative based on the permutation/combination of search terms which makes more sense.

Just a thought!

Pankaj