AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to Set Time Zone for multiple countries and Ads Writes?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I am a new advertised and just started Advertising using AdWords. I have targeted the 6 countries USA, UK, Australia, Canada, New Zeeland and South Africa and my current time zone is India. I have created the separate campaign for each targeted countries and my business is related to online shopping especially with "saree" having 8 saree products. I have also created the separate AdGroup for each products with each countries.

My question is that:

1. How to Set Time Zone for each countries through Ad Scheduling.

2. Can i use the same ad copies for each countries in Adgroup, as my products are same. Or have to write unique ads for each countries within their adgroup.

3. as i have same keywords for all countires, Can i use same keywords for all countries? are there any keywords confliction in campaign?

Please advise on this.

Thanks

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to Set Time Zone for multiple countries and Ads Writes?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Vimal,

I'd say you've got the fundamental structure right. You can have identical campaigns targeted to different locations with similar keywords. You can go for different ads, if there are any region specific info you'd like to add. If not, similar ads are fine.

For Ad Scheduling, you'll have to convert the campaign's target time zone to IST, then apply the schedule accordingly. For instance: If you'd like to run ads from 9am - 6pm on an Australian campaign, you'll have to convert 9-6 of Australian time to Indian Standard time and set the schedule accordingly.

Good luck,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sridhar,

Thanks for your suggestions.

I have little bit confusion on how to convert time zone to IST. I want to run my ads from 8Am - 11PM for countries like USA, UK , Canada, Australia, New Zeeland and South Africa.

Please let me know how to convert. It will be very great full. My Timezone is India.

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Vimal,

Trying to answer of your third question,

In addition of generic keywords, yes you can use the some Location Intent keywords in your campaigns. e.g. "buy saree in usa", "buy saree in newyork" in USA campaign and similar type of keywords in other location targeted campaigns.

Also I would like to encourage you to use BMM keywords instead of Broad match keywords.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Rakesh,

Thanks for your useful suggestions.

You are right to use some location based keywords in each campaign....i will certainly use these type of keywords. Thanks again.
Regarding the use of broad keywords, initially i have used to find out some real time users queries/keywords and then i will stop the use of broad keywords as after some times i have some good amount of keywords.....as i think...it is right way? Please share your views?.

Thanks
Vimal

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Vimal,

You can go through the Link for time zone Ad Scheduling.

Also, If you use BMM keywords, It will also give you better pictures of keywords ideas after running campaigns. On the other hand, if you use Broad keywords, you need to build an exhaustive list of negative keywords. 

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Vimal,

Welcome To Adwords Community And Also To Using Adwords.

As per your post -

Vimal S wrote:

Hi All,

I am a new advertised and just started Advertising using AdWords. I have targeted the 6 countries USA, UK, Australia, Canada, New Zeeland and South Africa and my current time zone is India.

I would suggest you to follow the following steps -

1. Add location based keywords as suggested by Rakesh Kumar.

2. Add Specific Geography based campaigns. So one campaign for one geography. Example If you are selling sarees - USA-Sarees, NZ - Sarees, AU-Sarees, UK-Sarees. These would be your Campaigns. Now For USA Sarees Your Location Targeting Would be Country USA or any specified geography within USA (States, Cities or Custom Targeting.)

3. Add Negative Locations To USA Sareer Campaign. Negative Locations would be United Kingdom, New Zealand and other such geographies. Even add India.

4. Add Negative Location Keywords. So uk sarees and other such geographies for this campaign would be negatives.

I have created the separate campaign for each targeted countries and my business is related to online shopping especially with "saree" having 8 saree products. I have also created the separate AdGroup for each products with each countries.

My question is that:

1. How to Set Time Zone for each countries through Ad Scheduling.

There is no special tool available for this. I would suggest you to use external timezone converter tools. One of them is here - World Clock Converter. Or you can also search on google

2. Can i use the same ad copies for each countries in Adgroup, as my products are same. Or have to write unique ads for each countries within their adgroup.

Yes you can use exact same ad copies. But remember to try and use the local currency. People usually prefer in their currencies. So for US its good with USD, UK with GBP and AU with AUD. Try giving them tht local feel. Makes a huge impact on the buyers mind.

3. as i have same keywords for all countires, Can i use same keywords for all countries? are there any keywords confliction in campaign?

With suggestions from Rakesh I do agree. But then remember the saree industry is huge and there are many large competitors who have clogged your business in these geogrpahies. Try targeting specific geographies within these countries and this would yield good results. Google loves specific location targetting. Try doing some analysis on where the sarees are sold the most in US and other countries. Start from there and then slowly move to other geographies of that country. My personal suggestion would be to use long tail keywords rather than generic one word or two work keywords.

You can also look at using occasion based keywords like wedding sarees, gujarati wedding sarees, and many such keywords.

Please advise on this.

Thanks

Hope this helps!

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

I disagree with @ChetanP that you have to exclude countries, When you target a Geo location you don't have to exclude the "rest"

As for tracking time zones. I agree this is confusing. My solution: set widget on your desktop showing the time in different locations in the world, This is the technique I follow not to get confused.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Chetan,

Thanks for your detail suggestions.

Here i am little bit confused...as you have said that:
" Add Negative Locations To USA Sareer Campaign. Negative Locations would be United Kingdom, New Zealand and other such geographies. Even add India"

If for USA Campaign, i have targeted the USA Location with the specific location, then why i should use negative location and what are these impact? As If i run my ads in my targeted location with specific time zone, my ads will only run in that particular location.

Thanks
Vimal

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Chetan,

Please let me know the time zone setting in simple steps for USA, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and South Africa.

As i have found:

India-USA: India is 10 hours and 30 minutes ahead of Washington, DC, USA

India-UK: India is 5 hours and 30 minutes ahead of United Kingdom

India-Canada: India is 10 hours and 30 minutes ahead of Ottawa, ON, Canada

India-Australia:Australia is 5 hours and 30 minutes ahead of India

India- New Zeeland: New Zealand is 7 hours and 30 minutes ahead of India

India- South Africa:India is 3 hours and 30 minutes ahead of South Africa

And i want to run my ads from 7AM - 11PM in all above targeted countries.

Here i have done:

For USA+Canada : 8:30PM - 12:00AM

For UK: 1:30AM -3:30PM

For New Zealand: 2:30 PM - 6:30 AM

For South Africa: 3:30 AM - 8:30 PM

For Australia: 1:30 AM - 5:30 PM

Please help me on this....are these right?

Thanks
Vimal