AdWords
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to Restrict ads for only Computer or Laptop Users?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Most of my target audiance is using PC or Laptop to make a purchase decision and most of the click and impression i am recieving from Mobile or Tabets are just waste of my money.

I already stopped running my ads in Mobile Devices with -100% bid adjustment but it is still serving on Tablets with full browsers!

I tried different options and also tried to find more information in this regards and i conclude that there is no such option in Google Adwords where you can only show your ads in Computer and Laptop.

I will really appreciate if you can suggest any solution of this query.

Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Re: How to Restrict ads for only Computer or Laptop Users?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Unfortunately because of the recent mandatory upgrade to enhanced campaigns, computers and tablets are no longer able to be seperated for ad serving like they use to be. Here's the link to the full details about enhanced campaigns - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2909484?hl=en

The only course of action would be to optimize landing pages for tablets to try and improve ROI.

Cheers!

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Let's focus on what options do exist :

1) If you are running a Display Network only campaign and using Google Analytics remarketing you can build a segmented audience once visitors from tablets are recorded by using segments such as device category  or screen resolution.

device-category-tablets.png

You can then proceed to exclude this audience from the campaign to prevent a second visit. IF the browsers of those devices do not delete the remarketing cookies and IF the audience is made from more than 100 cookies.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2549058?hl=en

2) Also you have the option to view cross-device estimated conversions as explained here :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3419678

"

How it works

Cross-device and cross-browser conversions are estimated using aggregate data from people who have signed into Google. Based on this aggregated data, we create an anonymous, aggregate estimate of the number of cross-device conversions attributed to AdWords."

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for detailed reply Adrian,

I do agree with you that we have to work with options available now !

I only have few campaign for re-marketing and i am doing it through Adwords tagging where as most of the campaign target mass audiences !

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your reply Benjamin,

Optimizing web page is good solution but my target audiance did not use mobile or tablets for purchase the product.

One it is not feasible solution i think ! at-least i have independence to choose the device or at-least i can control them for targeting.

How to Restrict ads for only Computer or Laptop Users?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,in my own opinion,i realize many people that is using a computer system does not know how to stop and unwanted program because they do not have the full kit tools which can put them through the process on stopping a program or a malware.here is a good Anchor tag:<a href="http://44606hc9ggoi0rbpt5xiuod0zg.hop.clickbank.net/" target="_top">computer/internet business</a> tool kit,which will guide u in the process to get a better internet browsing and computer usage.

Dare.O