AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to Opt-out automated rule for Some Campaigns

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Guys

Could you please help me with this automated rule thing.

We are using automated rule for an account level & for 40 campaigns, But for some campaigns we dont want to run this account level automated rule.

Is there anyway we can opt-out rule for some camapigns ?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author balaji j
September 2015

Re: How to Opt-out automated rule for Some Campaigns

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Balaji,

Re-reading your initial post, I may have misunderstood the fact that you're running the rules at the account level. Did you mean these are MCC level rules? If that's the case, you may need to create the rule inside of the account in order to be selective at the campaign level.

I would suggest you try to make a new rule for what you'd like to occur from the campaigns tab inside the account.

Step 1 - from the campaigns tab, select (checkbox) the campaigns that you'd like the rule to apply to.

Step 2 - Click Automate > etc...I think you get the rest.

This will create a rule for just the campaigns that you selected.

You may have to re-create some other rules as well but this is one way that I know you can choose particular campaigns for your rules.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Balaji,

When you create/edit rules, you can apply to selected campaigns only....That should solve your issue pretty easily.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
But you can select one campaign, you cant select multiple campaigns. Even you cant exclude one campaign either
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author balaji j
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Balaji,

Re-reading your initial post, I may have misunderstood the fact that you're running the rules at the account level. Did you mean these are MCC level rules? If that's the case, you may need to create the rule inside of the account in order to be selective at the campaign level.

I would suggest you try to make a new rule for what you'd like to occur from the campaigns tab inside the account.

Step 1 - from the campaigns tab, select (checkbox) the campaigns that you'd like the rule to apply to.

Step 2 - Click Automate > etc...I think you get the rest.

This will create a rule for just the campaigns that you selected.

You may have to re-create some other rules as well but this is one way that I know you can choose particular campaigns for your rules.

-Tommy

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi balaji, one of the simplest ways to control which Campaign(s) are affected by Automated Rules is to use Labels.  If you include a condition in your Rule that specifies the Campaigns must be labelled with one or more specific Labels, you can then choose which Campaigns are affected just by changing their labelling, without changing the Rule.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits