AdWords
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to Implement Location Extensions?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Today, I was set up text ads campaign and ad group. And, I am trying to add Location Extensions to my ad group. But, I have confusion to set up it correctly.

Our business is situated in SC, USA. And, I am wishing that - If someone will search from SC so my text ads will display with Location Extension.

So, How can I make it happen?

Here, I have attached screenshot to give more ideas on it. Which is best option for me?

Campaign Management.png

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author anandmistry
September 2015

Re: How to Implement Location Extensions?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

hello Andandmistry,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

You will need to import the business locations from your Google My Business account into AdWords for location extensions and other location-related features to work.

As per your screenshot, you already seem to have done that. Now here if you have more than one location, you can choose all locations or can setup matching filters. However, if you have only one location, you can either select All Locations, or can select Locations I pick, in both the cases you will get the single location you have.  Then comes device preference, ideally let it be all devices

More information can be found here -

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404182?hl=en&authuser=0&rd=1

Thanks
Ratan

Join me on Google+

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

As far as my understanding goes, if you have implemented the Location Extension and if someone from SC searches about your product/services, then depending upon various signals which AdWords take into consideration, chances are that your Location extension might appear with your text ad. Of course it also depends upon your Target locations, advanced settings and other factors too.

As per your screenshot, filters are basically meant to assign which addresses you want to show with which particular campaigns or ad groups.

I would suggest you to go through this reference for more insights on how you can set these up: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404182?hl=en

Let us know if that helps or not!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have made certain changes on campaign. And, I would like to share screenshot for review purpose.

Campaign Management 001.png

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author anandmistry
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

hello Andandmistry,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

You will need to import the business locations from your Google My Business account into AdWords for location extensions and other location-related features to work.

As per your screenshot, you already seem to have done that. Now here if you have more than one location, you can choose all locations or can setup matching filters. However, if you have only one location, you can either select All Locations, or can select Locations I pick, in both the cases you will get the single location you have.  Then comes device preference, ideally let it be all devices

More information can be found here -

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404182?hl=en&authuser=0&rd=1

Thanks
Ratan

Join me on Google+

If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ratan,

I am 100% agree with you! And, I have imported my location to Google Adwords. I have shared one screenshot before your reply. Can you please review it once? I am excited to read your inputs on it.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hey Anandmistry,

You are all set as the extension is approved and it has started getting impressions. Now give it some time to perform. 

All the best.

Thanks
Ratan

Join me on Google+

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ratan,

This is really good for us. Thank you very much for your valuable answers!

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

My pleasure, Anand.

I am pleased, we could you help you.

Thanks
Ratan

Join me on Google+

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes Ratan, I have added you in my circle over Google Plus... Smiley Happy

Have a good day man!!