AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to Append Search Term in landing Page? (Dynamic Landing Page)

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

One of my e-commerce client have over 50k products.My challenge is to show relevant landing page/product for each search terms 

Through Dynamic landing page, it is directing to the page with keyword that triggered the ad, how can i show exact search term pre-filled in the search bar of the site.

For eg: I have keyword as "+buy +shirt" & i want if a user searches 'buy black shirt". Through DKI i can show Black shirt in adcopies but how can i land this user to my search page filled with "buy black shirt". 

I used ?kw={keyword} in the landing page but it us directing to search page with '+buy +tshirt' query

Any other suggestions also welcomed

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to Append Search Term in landing Page? (Dynamic Landing Page)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @taran j,

You have already tested the one possible way around for this. Using {keyword} ValueTrack with your website's search query URL will put the actual keywords from the campaign as they are. This is the reason it might not be an ideal solution if you are using Broad Match Modifier heavily. 

The other way around may be to use Dynamic Search Ads. What you aim to achieve is to create relevant ads and want to land them on relevant landing pages, and it can be achieved with DSA. Based on your website's URL structure, you can experiment with DSA. I have used it for several clients in the similar situation, and it has worked well every time. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.