AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How the money will be spend for 2 ads of the same adgroup ?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi I have created a campaign and set up a monthly budget of 500 euro and thus the daily budget as 16, In my ad group I have two ads,How it will be spend?

1)Is this 16 euro(daily budget) will be spend together for two ads?

2) or 16 euro for each ads in an ad group will be spend?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How the money will be spend for 2 ads of the same adgroup ?

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello ,

Daily budget is a limit for the campaign. As the adgroups are inside the campaign, all the cumulated spend from all the ad groups cannot exceed the daily budget set for that campaign, unless you use bid multipliers like "bid more for location x" or "bid more for mobiles".

There is also a setting for shared budgets for two or more campaigns, but I suppose you are not going to use it at this point :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2517512?hl=en&ref_topic=1713957

[Later edit] And yes the 16 Euro will be spend by the two ads together unless you pause an Ad in a day and in this case the entire budget remains for only one Ad

and Re: How the money will be spend for 2 ads of the same adgroup ?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

OK I understood.Does this woill effect the CTR?

Some more doubts

How many campaigns I can create within the same adgroup?

Can I use the same set of keywords for the 2 ads within the same adgroup?

Re: and Re: How the money will be spend for 2 ads of the same adgroup

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Anne h,

Campaigns can have many AdGroups. In each AdGroup, place closely related keywords that can all be served the same ad copy. The ads within an AdGroup rotate according to your settings for the campaign. Keywords will not trigger a specific ad within one AdGroup. It's always a good idea to have more than one ad in each ad group--one control and at least one test.

Let's say you sell shoes and eyeglasses. Make one ad group for shoes and another for eyeglasses. Place only keywords that relate to the product in each ad group. Each AdGroup shares the campaign level budget. If you want to budget differently for each ad group. place them in separate campaigns.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Re: How the money will be spend for 2 ads of the same adgroup ?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

This pretty movie explains the organization of an account :

http://www.google.com/ads/learn/market-online/videos/adwords-account-structure.html