Re: How o I set up an ad for CPM not pay per click?
To opt in CPM bid your campaign type must be "Display Network only", not Google Search Network.
Here are some cases in which we'd recommend manual CPM bidding:
- Your ads are designed to increase awareness, but not necessarily generate clicks or traffic.
- You prefer the traditional industry metrics of CPM (cost-per-thousand impressions) campaigns.
- You're targeting particular placements, not just keywords. (Combined with placement targeting, bidding for impressions can help ensure your ads appear to a specific audience that will be interested in your ads.)
- You're mainly interested in increasing brand awareness.
- Image ads and other multimedia formats often serve that purpose best, and these ad formats run on the Display Network.
- Your message is in the ad itself, so you don't need people to click through to your site. This may apply to events (such as a television premiere) or political advertising.
To change your bidding option, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your AdWords account at https://adwords.google.com.
- In the Campaigns list, click the campaign name.
- Select the "Settings" tab.
- Click Edit next to the bidding option.
- Select your new CPM bidding option.
- Click Save.