AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How many ad position is available for mobile wap ad in search result?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm just wondering, How many ad position is available for mobile wap ad in search result?

for Desktop or Smart Phone i know there are 10 positions per search result page

but

how about mobile wap ad?

Please let me know

Cheers,

Godenzonen

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: How many ad position is available for mobile wap ad in search resu

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I don't have a WAP phone, but I think it would be fair to assume that if tablets & high end smartphones only show maximum three ads at the top and the same at the bottom (from what I can tell by testing on two tablets and a phone), this should be the maximum you can hope for on wap devices as well. But that maximum is only hit when there is a lot of competition.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Witthawut C ! Welcome to the Community !

I have never experimented with wap ads in search results but I can tell you that there are more than 10 positions per result page

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722122

Curently google is experimenting with displaying ads in the bottom position aswell.

To quote a table from the help

Here's an example to help you understand how ads cycle through the search result pages.

Ads 1-25 are available to show for a certain search term, and ads 1-7 are eligible for the top spots. The ads can be ranked on the page like this:

Page Top spots "Other" spots

Page 1Ads 1-3Ads 4-11
Page 2Ads 1, 2, 4Ads 3, 12-18
Page 3Ads 1, 2, 5Ads 19-25

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Adrian

Thx for your answer but...

it's hard to believe that there are 11 positions for WAP Ads

as the screen of wap phones are normally really small

i guess the guide that you reference is only for Desktop/Smartphone

what do you think?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I don't have a WAP phone, but I think it would be fair to assume that if tablets & high end smartphones only show maximum three ads at the top and the same at the bottom (from what I can tell by testing on two tablets and a phone), this should be the maximum you can hope for on wap devices as well. But that maximum is only hit when there is a lot of competition.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

Actually I'm bidding to mobiles with full browser and google tend to use TOP positions (1) or Bottom Position. The last one have an appalling CTR. I never saw my ad in the 2 or 3 position because there aren't other ads bidding my keywords.