AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How long after activating before Ad appears?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm not having much luck in AdWords... I have reactivated my account and campaign and I was wondering how long it might take before it appears in a Google Search?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: How long after activating before Ad appears?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

TODDSULL, 

A shame to hear that you've not had much luck so far with AdWords - please feel free to use this community for as much advice as you need as I know there are many experienced advertisers that will be willing to help you. 

To your question - the answer is actually 'not long at all' (generally no longer than 20 minutes) assuming that your ad has been approved to run and you're looking in the right spot. Troubleshooting when or if you're ad is appearing can be a frustrating process so I will take you through some of the most common errors. 

Have your Ads been approved?: The best way to check is to head over to the 'Ads' tab within your AdWords interface 'Campaigns' screen. This will give you a list of all ads within your account. What you are looking for here is the status column. If your ads were recently activated and there were no automatic flags raised by the system they should contain a status of 'Eligible' if your ad is eligible then it will be showing but is still pending a manual review. Once it has been reviewed it will recieve a status of 'Approved' (a side note here that eligible status ads will not show on the search partners network). With either of these statuses your activity should be live. If you're still not seeing impressions then read on to one of the points below. If your ad is a Mobile or Display targeted ad then the approvals process can take a little bit longer and the ad status may read as 'Under Review' if this is the status then it's best to be patient and your ads should be approved within 2-3 days if they meet the requirements. If your ad has been disapproved then there will be a note explaining why and your should then adjust your ad accordingly. 

Are you recieving impressions? If you are recieving impressions then it means your activity is live. you may not necessarily be see your ad when you do a search yourself (due to targeting, day parting, delivery method etc) but it is live. It's worth having a look at the Ad Preview Tool and set the paramaters to match your campaign settings. You will have a better chance of viewing your live creative here. 

Finally - double check your budgets, start date, scheduling, targeting, network settings to ensure that they are all correct. I can't tell you how many times I've accidently selected the wrong language for a campaign. If all else fails, use the diagnose tool to see what insight it can provide. 

Thanks - and let us know if you're still having trouble.

Matt

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello TODDSULL;

The campaign should start immediately after the ad is reviewed and gets "approved" or "eligible" status. (If the ad is disapproved - the campaign, eventually, will not start...)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

TODDSULL, 

A shame to hear that you've not had much luck so far with AdWords - please feel free to use this community for as much advice as you need as I know there are many experienced advertisers that will be willing to help you. 

To your question - the answer is actually 'not long at all' (generally no longer than 20 minutes) assuming that your ad has been approved to run and you're looking in the right spot. Troubleshooting when or if you're ad is appearing can be a frustrating process so I will take you through some of the most common errors. 

Have your Ads been approved?: The best way to check is to head over to the 'Ads' tab within your AdWords interface 'Campaigns' screen. This will give you a list of all ads within your account. What you are looking for here is the status column. If your ads were recently activated and there were no automatic flags raised by the system they should contain a status of 'Eligible' if your ad is eligible then it will be showing but is still pending a manual review. Once it has been reviewed it will recieve a status of 'Approved' (a side note here that eligible status ads will not show on the search partners network). With either of these statuses your activity should be live. If you're still not seeing impressions then read on to one of the points below. If your ad is a Mobile or Display targeted ad then the approvals process can take a little bit longer and the ad status may read as 'Under Review' if this is the status then it's best to be patient and your ads should be approved within 2-3 days if they meet the requirements. If your ad has been disapproved then there will be a note explaining why and your should then adjust your ad accordingly. 

Are you recieving impressions? If you are recieving impressions then it means your activity is live. you may not necessarily be see your ad when you do a search yourself (due to targeting, day parting, delivery method etc) but it is live. It's worth having a look at the Ad Preview Tool and set the paramaters to match your campaign settings. You will have a better chance of viewing your live creative here. 

Finally - double check your budgets, start date, scheduling, targeting, network settings to ensure that they are all correct. I can't tell you how many times I've accidently selected the wrong language for a campaign. If all else fails, use the diagnose tool to see what insight it can provide. 

Thanks - and let us know if you're still having trouble.

Matt