AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How is this done? YouTube pre-roll...super smart though...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Does anyone know how I could do something similar to this? :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXqp9Izk0yM

Basically find 20-30 keywords; build a pre-roll video for each; but then be able to GUARANTEE that the pre-roll movie played for each keyword typed in...

Thanks!

/Russell

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How is this done? YouTube pre-roll...super smart though...

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Ha! That is clever. Seems you would do it just the way you said but it sounded like they picked keywords that were related to themes (crazy animal attacks), which are presumably some of the highest volume searches on YouTube, so your at wouldn't show all the time (not sure if that's what you are getting at by wanting to guarantee that your pre-roll showed for your specific set of keywords?)

I'm curious, thoiufh, what is your goal? I ask because BK is a big brand - they have budget earmarked for branding, no doubt, which allows them to create 60+ videos. It's a really neat idea but, keeping in mind that video creative needs to be high quality to pull this off, it could get pretty pricey. It might help with awareness (although, personally I think it works for BK because we're already familiar with the brand and it might not have the same effect had it been an unknown brand.) it wouldn't be likely to generate leads or sales, though.

If you so move forward I would love to hear how it goes!

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Russell,

This is a very creative campaign. You don't even need keywords - you can target specific videos - It's all part of the targeting built into AdWords for Video.

Read more here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6080590?rd=1

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Wow really interesting!

What they did is simply called "Placement targeting". they target unique videos that million of people watch and tailor a specific ad for each group of videos.