AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How is the cost per click calculated in remarketing campagin

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

I'm running an remarketing campaign and wondering how the cost per click is calculated. Since the ads will "follow" user, what if they click to the ads many times in a shot period? Will all the click will be count?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How is the cost per click calculated in remarketing campagin

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

1. If a user has already visited your website then visited again using your remarketing ad and not converted why would he / she keep clicking to visit same website again and again?
  2. If you are worried about converted users visiting your website then you should negate them from your remarketing ads by creating rules
  3. If you are still worried about users clicking on your ads multiple times you can control that by Frequency capping
  4. If you still want to make absolutely sure you can use analytics remarketing to make sure you only target users where visit count is less than 4 or whatever number you want.

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Re: How is the cost per click calculated in remarketing campagin

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

A remarketing ad  participates in an auction,  - as any other ad eligible to be to take part in an auction, per a page viewed by a user (or on a  SERP if RLSA)  -  based on the targeting method (e.g. Location, interest, age...)

Once the ad is  shown and clicked: if clicks are invalid, they are filtered by the system.

Read more about the criteria for invalid clicks;

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/42995?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’