AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How is advertiser putting so much text in ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Friends,

1 ) 

I just came across this ad which has a lot of text in description and I am not able to figure out how is the advertiser doing this. Is he using all the extensions i.e call out, snippet etc? I am really confused . The description text has ...( Dots) in it  after support..  Really confusing!

2)

Headline 2 has 31 characters and the ad is running while I tried making the same ad but could not.

3)

Can we write phone number in our Ad copy? Is this allowed by Google?

This advertiser is doing it not by Call extension but text.  I have attached the screenshot for reference. 

Hope You will share your insights > Help will be highly Appreciated

Screenshot_1.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-13 at 11.57.19 pm.png

2 Expert replyverified_user

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Nikhil

1 You probably see dots in displayed url because the advertiser have used Keyword Insertion Tool in this field and the choosen keyword is too long

2 Headline may contain more than 30 characters if you use Keyword Insertion Tool too

3 Generally you shouldn't put your phone number in ad's headline or description, only in phone extension. However, as you see, Google allow you to run this ad, probably this one will be rejected in next few days.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Lukasz, 

Has the Advertiser used the extensions i.e call out, snippet etc? or is t just the result of keyword insertion tool

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

The advertiser is using call out and also misuse other ones to display phone number two times.

Keyword Insertion Tool helps you to create better texts in ads. Additional informations are added by extensions

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Archit (Rising Star)
February 2017

Re: How is advertiser putting so much text in ad

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Nikhil P

The ad in question uses - Callouts, Call, and Structured Snippet Extensions. And yes as @Łukasz S pointed out, it is violating AdWords policy by including the phone number in the CallOut extension. 

Screen Shot 2017-02-15 at 5.03.20 PM.png

Thanks
Ratan Jha
Join me on Google+   |   Twitter 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Ratan-Jha

Thanks, is the install & Set up, troubleshoot, Fix an extension? which one? 
If all these are extensions then the person has not put description text?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @Nikhil P

It's not ETA (Expanded Text Ad). It's the old ad format. 

The headlines separated by the hyphen (-) are actually headline (title) text + first description line 1 of the old format ad. If you recall, it was 35 characters for two description lines individually in the old ad format.

Again, look at the display URL, the current ad format allows 15 characters for path 1 and 15 characters for path 2. But in the ad above, it's 18 characters which again was allowed in the old ad format only. 

With ETA launched, you cannot create old format ads anymore. 

Does it help?

Thanks
Ratan Jha

Re: How is advertiser putting so much text in ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Ratan, 

One more query, If you could please help!
I searched for for key word in the keyword planner tool and it was showing bid of $0.22 but while running ad and bidding $2.00 it shows first page bid of $2.67
Attaching the screengrab of both. Kindly revertScreen Shot 2017-02-21 at 4.33.25 pm.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-21 at 4.31.01 pm.png

Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star

hi @Nikhil P,

Bid amount varies with keyword match types, the keyword QS during real-time auction and the competition in the targeting geographic.

Though there are a lot of other factors which the system considers.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi @Nikhil P,

In addition to what already said above, note that Keyword Planner simply gives you an estimate based on your targeting settings you have selected and the historic data AdWords has across all advertisers accounts for the keyword in question. 

The real scenario can be completely different. AdWords is an auction-based platform where bids get impacted not only on the bids being placed in the auction but also on your campaigns' historic performance. 

Follow the optimization best practice to improve your QS so that your bids can be lesser. 

PS. Don't hesitate to create a new thread for your next question as this thread is already answered. 

--

Thanks
Ratan Jha