AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How does one keep an ad but change the page it links to?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have an account that as been running for a year plus, and I am currently revamping the website. Is it possible to keep the ads and campaigns I have running but redirect the target site that is linked to when the ads are clicked? Every time I try to change the website manually it warns me that I must resubmit my ads for approval, so I know I'm doing something wrong. thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michael M
September 2015

Re: How does one keep an ad but change the page it links to?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Michael,

The easiest way to do this would to copy the ads in AdWords Editor and just change the destination URL. These ads will have to go under review but you can leave the old ones running until the new ones have been apporved, then you can pause the old ones. I think this better than just changing the destination URL within AdWords since this will delete the past data. Unfortunately there is no way to change the URL without review since Google has to check that you are still sending people to a suitable landing page.

Best of luck!

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

No the domain in the ad shall be the domain of the landing page, and no redirects in between.

Why don´t you pause your ads while changing your domain and URL:s?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How does pausing help?

I don't want to change domains, only the landing page- currently all my brand ads are pointed at homedomain.com/old_landing

I would like to keep the ads and their campaigns exactly as they are, but point them instead at homedomain.com/new_landing

Is that Possible?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michael M
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Michael,

The easiest way to do this would to copy the ads in AdWords Editor and just change the destination URL. These ads will have to go under review but you can leave the old ones running until the new ones have been apporved, then you can pause the old ones. I think this better than just changing the destination URL within AdWords since this will delete the past data. Unfortunately there is no way to change the URL without review since Google has to check that you are still sending people to a suitable landing page.

Best of luck!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Oh I see- now the need for review makes sense. Thanks!