AdWords
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How does Cross-Device Conversions increase conversions 16%?

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

Cross-Device Conversions is expected to be 99% accurate, become mandatory and increase conversions 16%? From my understanding this feature requires a user to click an ad on one device than click an ad on another device and allow for a more accurate attribution model. In order to increase conversions, they would have to convert in a manner that would not have been recorded, such as organically on another device. Is this what is expected to happen?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How does Cross-Device Conversions increase conversions 16%?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Christopher H;

Well... It's not that  "cross device conversion attribution model   has changed user's behavior.  It's a better understanding  and analysis model which allows the advertiser to allocate resources to the device / platform which converts better and to set a better conversion funnel based on on the attribution model. The end result is a higher conversion rate.

PS: Google's cross device  confidence level (as with any other statistical estimate ) is 95% not 99%

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
Their new rate is expected 99% from what I understand with my conversation
with my rep. I get that attribution and optimization will be cleaner, but I
don't get how more conversions will be recognized.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Christopher H

I started to reply and it was announced;

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Announcements/New-Feature-Cross-Device-Conversion-...

PS: ask the rep to provide a reference to a 99% confidence level.... This is a major change from Google's long time practice of requiring a confidence level of 95%. I question this was done without announcing. Further, 99% requires enormous ststistcal efforts. I doubt Google would exhaust  the system with enormous statistical calculations  to provide this level.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’