AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How does Cross-Device Conversions increase conversions 16%?

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

Cross-Device Conversions is expected to be 99% accurate, become mandatory and increase conversions 16%? From my understanding this feature requires a user to click an ad on one device than click an ad on another device and allow for a more accurate attribution model. In order to increase conversions, they would have to convert in a manner that would not have been recorded, such as organically on another device. Is this what is expected to happen?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How does Cross-Device Conversions increase conversions 16%?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Christopher H;

Well... It's not that  "cross device conversion attribution model   has changed user's behavior.  It's a better understanding  and analysis model which allows the advertiser to allocate resources to the device / platform which converts better and to set a better conversion funnel based on on the attribution model. The end result is a higher conversion rate.

PS: Google's cross device  confidence level (as with any other statistical estimate ) is 95% not 99%

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
Their new rate is expected 99% from what I understand with my conversation
with my rep. I get that attribution and optimization will be cleaner, but I
don't get how more conversions will be recognized.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Christopher H

I started to reply and it was announced;

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Announcements/New-Feature-Cross-Device-Conversion-...

PS: ask the rep to provide a reference to a 99% confidence level.... This is a major change from Google's long time practice of requiring a confidence level of 95%. I question this was done without announcing. Further, 99% requires enormous ststistcal efforts. I doubt Google would exhaust  the system with enormous statistical calculations  to provide this level.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’