AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How does Auto bid work?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm not sure if it is the right forum. 

All I want to know how auto bid works in Adwords. How does it try to maximize clicks, what algorithm is at work etc.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: How does Auto bid work?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I suppose no body can explain it better than google themselves - here's what they say -

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I already read it. It does not specify how it works or internal algorithm. 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi utilitiesindia,

It does not specify how it works or internal algorithm. 

Honestly none of the Advertising giants (Google, Bing or Yahoo) will actually share the real internal algorithm Smiley Happy

As Louayy_Haqqi rightly referred the link, that is the best way to seek the knowledge from advertiser point of view how automatic bidding works. And if that doesn't certainly suit any advertiser's requirements, then Google itself advise you to switch to manual bidding which I personally think would be far better to effectively manage the Adwords campaigns.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi utilitiesindia,

I agree with the above comments, manual bidding is probably the best option for you in this situation. You could however use automation as a form of fluctuating your bids based on certain criterias. Doing it right could potentially do what Google's auto bidding algorithm does however you will have a complete control :-)

Let me know what you think!

Cheers,

Liam