AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How do you undelete keywords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it possible to undelete keywords? I see they're there! I accidentally deleted all of my keywords for any active campaign/adgroup.

Please help! 

Thanks,

Lee

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: How do you undelete keywords?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello lee_ideagility; Welcome;

See Tom's answer in the following link;

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Manage-ads-manage-account/How-to-undelete-keywords/td-p/3359...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello lee_ideagility; Welcome;

See Tom's answer in the following link;

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Manage-ads-manage-account/How-to-undelete-keywords/td-p/3359...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Lee,

Just to add to the above, even though you might re activate or add the deleted keyword again, the history associated with the keyword would be lost and AdWords will treat it as a new keyword.

Hope this helps you out.

- Neeti Ghildiyal
@NeetiGhildiyal | SMG Convonix | Join Us - Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

As per my understanding, adding a deleted keyword shouldn't lose its history, instead as soon as the keyword is active it will show the associated data it has accrued like clicks, impressions etc. So that ways the keyword history is intact.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

~Rehan

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Rehan,

my experience is that when you renew deleted keywords, their history (clicks & impressions) will appear again. I have always renewed them right after they were deleted. Not sure what happens if there is longer gap (2 weeks for instance).

Hope it helps.

Frank

Meet AdWords