AdWords
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How do you remove an adwords text ad?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How do you remove a NEGATIVE adwords ad (text) that has been associated with a persons name?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: How do you remove an adwords text ad?

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi,

Are you talking about an ad being run by some unknown advertiser that is badmouthing the person?  Also, what do you mean by "associated with"?  Is the ad showing when their name is entered in the search box, or is something else going on?

If the ad is violating any of the AdWords policies, you can report it to us via this form.  You haven't said enough for me to guess whether there are any policy violations, but the "Anti and violence" policy might apply.  It prohibits "Ad text advocating against an organization, person, or group of people".  It's election season in the US, so I should mention that if the ad you're unhappy with is political, also check out the political advertising policy.  Finally there's a policy on personal names, though it's unlikely to be helpful.

If there are no policy violations, I think you would need a court order to have the ad taken down.  I believe there's a page about this somewhere on the help center, but I can't find it at the moment.  Regardless, it wouldn't hurt to send in the complaint form and see what happens.

Laura

AdWords engineer

View solution in original post

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi soundpmarketing,

welcome to the community. 

Can you give us a bit more information? There are negative keywords but I've never heard of a negative text ad.

Are you talking about an ad that was pointing to a domain owned by someone else in the past?

Is it your ad or someone else that is advertising it?

Any additional info you can give us would be helpful. 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi,

Are you talking about an ad being run by some unknown advertiser that is badmouthing the person?  Also, what do you mean by "associated with"?  Is the ad showing when their name is entered in the search box, or is something else going on?

If the ad is violating any of the AdWords policies, you can report it to us via this form.  You haven't said enough for me to guess whether there are any policy violations, but the "Anti and violence" policy might apply.  It prohibits "Ad text advocating against an organization, person, or group of people".  It's election season in the US, so I should mention that if the ad you're unhappy with is political, also check out the political advertising policy.  Finally there's a policy on personal names, though it's unlikely to be helpful.

If there are no policy violations, I think you would need a court order to have the ad taken down.  I believe there's a page about this somewhere on the help center, but I can't find it at the moment.  Regardless, it wouldn't hurt to send in the complaint form and see what happens.

Laura

AdWords engineer