AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How do you reinstate deleted ads?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I uploaded similar text ads but with a new landing page to test against the existing ones. However, I did not pause my exisitng ads before doing so. Therefore, when I uploaded the new sset of ads (with a different landing page), it over wrote my existing ones causing them to be deleted. 

In order to compare the metrics of the exisitng  vs the ones with the new landing page, we need to reinstate them. Is this possible? If so, how do I go about it?

Thank you for your help!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Re: How do you reinstate deleted ads?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi emoschet and welcome to the forum.

AdWords does not automatically delete Ads just because you upload new versions so I suspect you've actually edited the old versions which does cause them to be deleted.

To see deleted Ads (or any deleted part of a Campaign) you just have to change the setting at the top left of your list in the Ads tab.  You probably see a drop-down saying something like "All Enabled" or "All but deleted" at the moment, click this drop-down and change it to "All" and you should be able to see all your deleted Ads, along with any data they collected.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi emoschet and welcome to the forum.

AdWords does not automatically delete Ads just because you upload new versions so I suspect you've actually edited the old versions which does cause them to be deleted.

To see deleted Ads (or any deleted part of a Campaign) you just have to change the setting at the top left of your list in the Ads tab.  You probably see a drop-down saying something like "All Enabled" or "All but deleted" at the moment, click this drop-down and change it to "All" and you should be able to see all your deleted Ads, along with any data they collected.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

If you edit an ad the data will be lost.

In future I would recommend creating a duplicate ad and pausing the old one so no data is lost.

For more accurate split testing I would run two (or more) ads at the same time and set the ratations (in the settings) to "Rotate indefinitely...) that way you can rule out any variations in performance due to day of the week, time of the month etc.

Ryan.