AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How do we compete with deep pocket ADWORDING merchants in my area.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I look at non-organic ads and see major natinal companies who pay $10-20 a click there is no way I can have 1st page ads. How can I still advertise and be seen on 2 or 3rd tier advertising pages in my area?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How do we compete with deep pocket ADWORDING merchants in my area.

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Vincent P ! Welcome to the Community ,

There are many people here better prepared to give you an insight than myself , but here is my advice :

- use the dimensions tab to check your traffic per hour, you might discover some windows of opportunity when your competition is not bidding. 

- try to concentrate your budget on the best 3-4 hours of the day when you got conversions in the past, not thought 24 hours, if your budget is limited. 

- build a high variety of Ads and weekly eliminate the ones that do not generate conversions.

Try to read the following article about this issue (and maybe the linked thread ) :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/When-advertising-gets-tough/ba-p/56938

Re: How do we compete with deep pocket ADWORDING merchants in my area.

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Adrian has some great suggestions. To add my two cents worth, I would concentrate on improving your CTR and quality score. In Adwords, having a bigger budget doesn't necessarily give the best position!