AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How do we compete with deep pocket ADWORDING merchants in my area.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I look at non-organic ads and see major natinal companies who pay $10-20 a click there is no way I can have 1st page ads. How can I still advertise and be seen on 2 or 3rd tier advertising pages in my area?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How do we compete with deep pocket ADWORDING merchants in my area.

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Vincent P ! Welcome to the Community ,

There are many people here better prepared to give you an insight than myself , but here is my advice :

- use the dimensions tab to check your traffic per hour, you might discover some windows of opportunity when your competition is not bidding. 

- try to concentrate your budget on the best 3-4 hours of the day when you got conversions in the past, not thought 24 hours, if your budget is limited. 

- build a high variety of Ads and weekly eliminate the ones that do not generate conversions.

Try to read the following article about this issue (and maybe the linked thread ) :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/When-advertising-gets-tough/ba-p/56938

Re: How do we compete with deep pocket ADWORDING merchants in my area.

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Adrian has some great suggestions. To add my two cents worth, I would concentrate on improving your CTR and quality score. In Adwords, having a bigger budget doesn't necessarily give the best position!