AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How do i add All Countries as a target

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to target All Countries with my campaign but there doesnt seem to be an optionf or that. it used to exist (tho maybe a while ago)

Any clues?

I can only paste in a list of countries, but there are differences in country names according to Google and what I can pull from Wikipedia so it wont paste. All the other options are for granular targeting

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Rakesh Kumar (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: How do i add All Countries as a target

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Chris,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

You can target All Countries. When you create a campaign, in the Location Targeting option, please do not add any locations (which means that your campaign would target all countries and territories)

Just leave it blank and the campaign would target All Countries and Territories by default. Simply put, just save it without adding any locations.

Location Targeting.png

Hope this Helps.
- Prashanth Reniguntala

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Chris,

While Prashanth has given you the solution here. I would just like to suggest that you do not target all countries and locations in one campaign unless and until you have budget that is vast.

Can you give us more details on your marketing campaigns? Are you trying to run a Branding or a lead based campaign? I am asking these questions to understand if It is necessary for you to split your targeting based on smaller locations like countries, states or cities. It will allow you to under performance of these locations better and also to efficiently manage your budgets.

Hope to hear from you!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Rakesh Kumar (Top Contributor)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Chris,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

You can target All Countries. When you create a campaign, in the Location Targeting option, please do not add any locations (which means that your campaign would target all countries and territories)

Just leave it blank and the campaign would target All Countries and Territories by default. Simply put, just save it without adding any locations.

Location Targeting.png

Hope this Helps.
- Prashanth Reniguntala

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Chris,

While Prashanth has given you the solution here. I would just like to suggest that you do not target all countries and locations in one campaign unless and until you have budget that is vast.

Can you give us more details on your marketing campaigns? Are you trying to run a Branding or a lead based campaign? I am asking these questions to understand if It is necessary for you to split your targeting based on smaller locations like countries, states or cities. It will allow you to under performance of these locations better and also to efficiently manage your budgets.

Hope to hear from you!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

How do i add All Countries as a target

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That's correct, BUT what if I wanted to target all countries evenly with the exception of a couple countries? For example, say I wanted to target the U.S., Canada, and Mexico with a bid adjustment of +10% in addition to the rest of the world. It's impossible without having to manually add every single other country. After adding those 3 countries, Adwords doesn't have a "location" for 'all countries'.  The only other way to get around this is to duplicate the campaign and have no targeting for the second one. Unless I'm missing a feature?