AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How do RLSA audiences trigger with multiple audiences inside adgroup?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

Say I have an adgroup inside a search campaign with the following audiences:

- Visited website in last 30 days --> +50%

- Did at least 1 order (customer list) --> +50%

I'm wondering what happens when someone searches and fits both audiences (e.g. did an order and visited in the last 30 days):

- Do both audiences get an impression (and a click when the ad is clicked)? Or is the impression / click being assigned to one audience only? In that case, which audience gets priority?

- What bid adjustment is being done? Will the adjustment be just "+50%" or is it "50% + 50% = 100%"?

Thanks in advance, 

Stijn

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How do RLSA audiences trigger with multiple audiences inside adgro

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there;
I understand that this is an RLSA campaign
Have you set rules for the audience lists?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hello,

Are you using any custom combination list here or are you talking about separate audiences list?

Pankaj

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@pankaj1782 I'm talking about separate audience lists inside the same adgroup, not custom combinations.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
@MosheTLV. Yes correct, please have a look at the example scenario I sketched out. You can assume bid only targeting is being used.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Stijn v;

Switch to target and bid, so the AND condition will apply.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’