AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How do I view dimensions for only selected keywords in an adgroup?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

How do I view dimensions for only selected keywords in an adgroup?

I'm notice strange anomalies with some keywords.

I must view dimensions for selected keywords only within the Account Level, Campaign Level, and Ad Group Level. It appears there is no filter by selected keywords in the Dimensions Tab in the Account, Campaign, or Adgroup View. What i'm looking for is beyond CRT/Conversions/Impressions, etc. I need to know how many clicks from a given STATE across on particular keywords in Dimensions tab.

Please advise! Smiley Happy

Re: How do I view dimensions for only selected keywords in an adgroup?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Labels seem to be a work around, but I wish there wa a better way to do it by filter selected keywords.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Maxroizer, 

I think you are spot on, applying Labels to the keywords you want to filter for is the best approach. There is also always the option of exporting into a spreadsheet and working within Excel if you happen to be very skilled in that area.

Thanks,

BI

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank for the reply.

I looked into doing export as such. Even so, there is no way for me to match keyword against STATE the clicks came from. Smiley Sad

My problem is that we are licensed to sell product A to certain states and products b to other states. I have campaigns segmenting out those other states. But some leads we acquire are from non-licensed states in the campaigns that are only targeting Licensed states. I looked at targeting and excluded non targeted states and everything is set up correctly. This boggles my mind. That's why I must see specific keyword clicks by state. :/ 

Please pardon my mousemansship.

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Got it - what you can do is look at your 'Dimensions' tab in order to see clicks/conversions by geogrpahic region:

"The Dimensions tab lets you slice and dice your data by the dimension of your choice across an ad group, a campaign, or your entire account. You can use Dimensions to view statistics that cut across other AdWords tabs. For example, you can view your total stats by month, hour, or geographic region. You could customize your table to compare your total clicks in January across ad groups, or see individual cities where your clicks came from."

Also see:

Measuring Geographic Performance

Advanced Location Options - You may need to change your advanced geographic targeting options from the defualt, which targets "People in, searching for, or viewing pages about your targeted location". Changing this to "People in your targeted location" may help by excluding people searching for or viewing pages about your targeted location and aren't physically located in that area.

One last option is to setup and link your AdWords account to a Google Analytics account which provides much more robust reporting features.

Hope this helps,

BI

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Bluelon, I am aware of the Dimensions tab.

But it only tells me Gography by Account Level, Campaign level, or Ad Group Level. 

I need to see which specific Keywords whichin an Adgroup came from which state.

And I track leads from analytics, which is how I dtermine which leads came from an Adwords Campaign, keyword and Ad they clicked on.

As far as advanced targeting, its Excluding non targeted areas (by IP presumably) 

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
And Labels by Geography doesn't work.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Maxrozer

Are the leads which are coming from the unwanted geographies (unlicensed territories) too concerning??

The adwords geographic targeting is not perfect and one is bound to notice certain anomalies when there are campaigns targeting different territories within the same country.

When you are targeting users within a particular physical location,its equivalent to targeting users with IP addresses within that location (you already mentioned that). There might be certain users which are physically outside your targeted locations in reality but have their IP's hosted on a server present in your targeted geography. So,in google's eyes,that user is a part of your targeted geography!

So technically,you are trying to find something which you can't or which is not there!! Hope I understood your concern correctly...