AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How do I select an audience when building out my Google Search Campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'd like to use one of my remarketing audiences (google customer match) for my latest Adwords campaign.

When I'm in the native builder, I can create the campaign and add all the features except for the audience.

I noticed that when you are back in the campaign grid, you can click on the audience tab and add an audience to a campaign there. But that is where I'm getting confused. Is the only way to add an audience to a campaign through the audience tab after a campaign has been built? Or is there a way you can select your audience during the build?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How do I select an audience when building out my Google Search Campaign

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Matthew S

when creating a new remarketing campaign, you should be able to select your audience on the second page of the campaign creation process. Look for some radio buttons with options like keywords, interests and remarketing, and more options.  I think you want to select "interests and remarketing," and anything you can see in your audience tabs should be able to be selected here. Just click on the drop down menu labeled "Select category."

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi David,

This is where you can for Google Display Network & Youtube ads, but for search the option is non existent. It's really search that I'm after this for. I also thought that google customer match (or CRM lists) were unable to use within the GDN due to privacy issues, but it seems like there's no issue with me uploading a CRM list in the campaign build.

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Matthew S

my mistake. I missed the "Google Search Campaign" at the end of your subject.  I am not aware of away to select the audience until after the campaign has been created.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Matthew S

As mentioned by David, demographic targeting on Search is cunetrly not yet  available. Google announced that this would be available in the future.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Does this demographic targeting also include 'Remarketing Lists' such as your uploaded CRM List?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Matthew S;

On the display network you could add demographic to a remarketing campaign.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’