AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How do I prevent my ads showing on Amazon?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Is there any way I can prevent my ads from showing on Amazon?  I only use the Search Network with Search Partners.  There are some sites which seem to flout the rules (eBay being another bad one, and site/sites which don't send referrer details), but Amazon are just a giant waste of money.  I purposefully avoid over-generic searches, but it's a waste of time when Amazon appear to think they know best.  I get very few (virtually none) sales from the clicks on their website, a lot of bounces because so often it is for a search for something I don't sell, and sometimes it's just a search which has absolutely nothing to do with what I sell or the field in which I sell (completely unrelated "why would they?" sort of searches).

If I am *not* using the Content Network, and I have rules set up for the search terms, then those rules should be applied and applied only to the search terms.  Whatever else that is on the page should not matter, whether it's on a Google site or any other.

If Google don't want to reign in the cowboys, is there any way to prevent my ads being shown on Amazon?

Thanks,

Tim

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: How do I prevent my ads showing on Amazon?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Tim,
I know how you feel. It's frustrating as hell.
Unfortunately, Google has never and currently does not let you block individual search partners. If you want to block Amazon, you have to turn off search partners completely.

Every year, I expect this to be a feature that Google enables, but every year I'm left disappointed. It's a pretty poor user experience in my opinion.

Anyway, sorry I cannot be of more assistance.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Tim,
I know how you feel. It's frustrating as hell.
Unfortunately, Google has never and currently does not let you block individual search partners. If you want to block Amazon, you have to turn off search partners completely.

Every year, I expect this to be a feature that Google enables, but every year I'm left disappointed. It's a pretty poor user experience in my opinion.

Anyway, sorry I cannot be of more assistance.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Dave, I thought that might be the case. Smiley Sad

It's so frustrating to see clicks from Amazon in particular, but obviously I'll just have to put up with it until Google see fit to stop them sticking two fingers up to the rules! And I see no reason for anyone, including the Search Network, for them not to comply. Thanks anyway.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tim,

Need to ask a different question but relevant to Search partners.

Hope you have a solution:

I have chosen Google search network partners in Adwords few months back. I can check the data of clicks and impressions in segment tab, but will you please tell me that how could you see search partners clicks domain ie from which website (amazon/ebay/aol) you are getting how many clicks as I can see in display campaign under placements,

Regards,

Kratika

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The data is collected on my website from the browser referral strings and compiled into a report. It's software I wrote myself, so no use to you I'm afraid. However, dig into Google Analytics (assuming you use it -- I stopped using it when EU laws cracked down on cookie usage with apparently little thought) and I suspect you'll find some way of getting the data you want. Otherwise, if you start a new thread you will probably get more help than I am able to give you.

Best of luck.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for you assistance, well I do not understand this browser referral strings but I will study more,

Thanks& Regards,
Kratika