AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How do I pause or delete an advert? Your online instructions are wrong

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You cannot pause or delete in adwords, so why tell customers you can?? Exactly how do I do this please?

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Re: How do I pause or delete an advert? Your online instructions are w

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Reclaim, 

Sorry to hear you're having trouble pausing your ads. Hopefully we'll be able to help you out here.

If you want to pause one of your ads, these steps below will hopefully help you do this. 

1. Log into your account

2. Click on 'Campaigns' tab in dark green at the top of your page

3. Underneath the 'All Online Campaigns'  section on the left hand side, select the campaign which houses the ad(s) you want to pause

4. Click on the 'Ads' tab

5. Next to the ad(s) you would like to pause, click on the green dot and select the pause symbol (||) from the drop down menu. This will pause the ad. 

I hope this helps. Please let the community know if there's something else you would like any help with.

A.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Reclaim,

That ad may be in an AdWords Express campaign. If so, the campaign name will start with AX_. In that case, you'll need to go to the account that created the campaign, like a Google Places account.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Reclaim, 

Sorry to hear you're having trouble pausing your ads. Hopefully we'll be able to help you out here.

If you want to pause one of your ads, these steps below will hopefully help you do this. 

1. Log into your account

2. Click on 'Campaigns' tab in dark green at the top of your page

3. Underneath the 'All Online Campaigns'  section on the left hand side, select the campaign which houses the ad(s) you want to pause

4. Click on the 'Ads' tab

5. Next to the ad(s) you would like to pause, click on the green dot and select the pause symbol (||) from the drop down menu. This will pause the ad. 

I hope this helps. Please let the community know if there's something else you would like any help with.

A.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Reclaim,

That ad may be in an AdWords Express campaign. If so, the campaign name will start with AX_. In that case, you'll need to go to the account that created the campaign, like a Google Places account.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords