AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How do I know how much each click costs?

Not applicable
# 1
Not applicable

My daily limit is $3 but you didn't tell me how many clicks I can get for that.

How do I find that information?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How do I know how much each click costs?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

Welcome to the community!

It really depends on your industry and the keywords you are wishing to use really. I suggest that you use the Keyword Tool while signed into your account as it will give you estimate CPCs for the keywords you enter.

Please remember these are estimates however and other factors such as targeting settings and quality score for example are not necessarily taken into consideration.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello,

I would suggest using the Traffic Estimator Tool (located under the Tool & Analysis tab).  

Enter in your keywords, your bids and budget and it'll give you an estimate of how many click you may receive. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello,

Just a small addition to what has been said above, you can use the newly introduced tool Keyword Planner, which can be used to search for the keywords and how much traffic or clicks you can get with average cost etc...

Read this article and see how effectively you can use this new tool: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2999770

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Whilst all of these tools are useful - you won't really know what your clicks are going to cost until you start to get traffic.... and then you need to analyze the data to determine which are your best performing keywords and optimize for those - try not to get sucked into the trap of pushing for the lowest costing keywords - they are often not the ones that convert best.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@stickleback wrote:

Whilst all of these tools are useful - you won't really know what your clicks are going to cost until you start to get traffic.... and then you need to analyze the data to determine which are your best performing keywords and optimize for those - try not to get sucked into the trap of pushing for the lowest costing keywords - they are often not the ones that convert best.

Very wise words from Steve Smiley Wink

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

It seems that no one here loves the GDN like I do.

If you run a Display network campaign, none of the above advice can help,keywords are only used to match a context unless you use the "Target method: Bid" in which case what your bid on keywords influences the bid .

You can try a bid as low as 0,1 $ at first in the Display network and start using only 2 or 3 placements (websites where you Ad can appear ) and you can use the option to exclude "below the fold" described here

http://www.google.com/ads/innovations/abovethefold.html

The beautiful thing about the Display campaign and low budgets is that it allows many impressions and direct phone leads and the so called "free clicks". You can have a CTR of 0.3 % in the Display Campaign at an average CPC of 0.1 $ and from 3 $ you can get 30 clicks and 10.000 impressions .

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453990?hl=en

Also I suppose that it would be a good advice to start with a -100 % bid multiplier for the mobile devices and avoid other "increase" multipliers.