AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How do I get in to the Google 'Shopping' block ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm in the top three in the 'sponsored' section but my product does not get listed in the right hand side 'SHOPPING' block which has images, prices and links.  How do I get in to the 'Shopping" section ????????

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How do I get in to the Google 'Shopping' block ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi AlCatt,

Do you have a Google Merchant Center account with a valid data feed of your products? That's where those listings come from.

If you have an account and your items don't show, you may need to adjust your bids. Part of the QS for product ads comes from reviews on certain web sites. If eBay or Amazon are competitors, they are very difficult to beat because of the number of reviews on their sites. Keywords come from your product descriptions. You can play around with those descriptions to try to improve the QS. Otherwise, you may need to increase your bids to get your products shown. There's not much else you can do, in my experience.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the reply. Yes I have a Google Merchant Center account but I paused when you wrote "valid data feed of your products"  I'm not quite sure about the question, the product in question is 'tracing dye' .  If you search that term you will find me in the top three in the sponsored ads block.  If you click on my link it opens my product pages, is that what you mean by valid data feed?  The price of my products is cheaper than anybody at the moment whether its Amazon or Ebay.  That aside, I'm assuming that the 'Shopping block' is not a feature that you can buy in to, rather its an accumulation of the same products that are available.  Is that correct?

AlCatt

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi AlCatt,

Product ads work pretty much the same way as other ads, based on quality score. But the QS for products comes from a different place than for other ads. The keywords come from your product description, that will be part of the QS. Then another part comes from reviews, but only reviews from certain sites. The more reviews you have, the better you QS. This puts you in a tough spot, because you are competing against places like Amazon the get way more reviews than you could possibly hope for. After establishing the QS, the system next looks at your bid to establish ad rank. That means you can try bumping your bid up to get a better ad rank and impressions.

Ok, "valid data feed of your products". In your Merchant Account, you upload a list of the products you sell. This is called your data feed. When you log into your Merchant Center account and click on "Products", is the product(s) you are selling on that list? Does it indicate approved for ads on those products? If your answer is yes, you have a valid data feed. If your answer is no, you don't.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pete, great information and clearly explained, thanks.  I'll check out the 'data feed'.  I didn't know it existed as I'm a rookie in Adwords and just don't seem to have the time to explore all this unless it becomes necessary, which it is now.

First I think I should check in to how to get reviews on my products.  Then I will explore how to bid up to see if I can crack that Shopping Block.  In any case I understand the process now thanks to you and the community.  Thanks for the feedback.

AlCatt