AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4K members online now
4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How do I delete or remove numbers from call extentions?

[ Edited ]
Not applicable
# 1
Not applicable

What I'd like to achive is a set for different numbers for differnt types of call, this will help me better direct our cusotmers calls.

I have a listed of numbers with the title: "Select phone numbers to use with this ad group."

I seem to have the same number listed around six times, but I cant work out how to remove a number from this list. 

Re: How do I delete or remove numbers from call extentions?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello New user ! Welcome to the Community !

Here is how to move a phone from the right to the left panel, thus "removing" it :

remove-phone-no.png

Not applicable
# 3
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply. I now realised that is how I would ensure a number is not being used.

So how can I delete numbers all together? As I said I have the same number listed a good few times….  its really bothering me.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

"I seem to have the same number listed around six times"

Remove them one by one, there is no bulk edit option that I know of . It's just 6 clicks....

Not applicable
# 5
Not applicable

Doesn’t that just ensure the advert is not using a phone number?

What I’d like to do is delete a phone numbers from our account altogether.  So how can I make that list of Phone Numbers on the left go down from 10, to say 4?

I’d just like to take out phone numbers we don’t use anymore and make the list more manageable, like the small list in your screenshot.

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Now I get it, you want to delete them from the pannel to the Left.

I tried several things and there simply isn't a way to do that , but they make weekly changes to the interface, maybe they will fix this in the future.

Perhaps they think most businesses use 1 or 2 phone numbers and they don't change them often and it is not hard to look in a 10 phones list to chose one. Such a feature may not be a priority in their list of "many things to develop".

You can try to call the tech support to see if they say different , using the phone no. from here :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en&hlrm=en