AdWords
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How do I delete a targeting group?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have targeting groups that are running, and one that is paused (due to its campaign being paused).

But each time I log in to AdWords, a red message says "None of your targeting groups is running, take me there."

And when I click "take me there" it takes me to that one old targeting group that has been paused a long time ago.

This bugged me a lot, and because of it I deleted the campaign associated with the paused targeting group but this still happens!

I never want to run that targeting group anymore, so please tell me how I can delete it. Thanks in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How do I delete a targeting group?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

To delete an Ad Group, select it and then use the "Edit" button to change it from "paused" to "deleted."

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your response Theresa, but unfortunately I was referring to Targeting Group, not Ad Group.

I'm using video ads, and Ad Group is not used on video ads.

Also, the "Delete" option is not available from the menu. Only "Pause" and "Enable," individually and on bulk selection. I attached screenshots.

targeting group 1.PNG

Second screenshot to show that "Delete" isn't included:

targeting group 2.PNG

@Theresa_Zook wrote:

To delete an Ad Group, select it and then use the "Edit" button to change it from "paused" to "deleted."

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Pausing is essentially the same thing--it removes that targeting option from active ad serving.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I really, really wish you read the part where I said: But each time I log in to AdWords, a red message says "None of your targeting groups is running, take me there."

That's my problem. Some, NOT all my ads targeting groups, are not running. But it says it is none that is running.

This is the only time I've ever tried the AdWords forum. Thanks for your responses, I appreciate them, but I'm going back to direct contact with Google.

Again, much respect for taking your time to be here. I expect no more responses. Smiley Happy