AdWords
4K members online now
4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How do I change my existing campaign type to Networks?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I already have a campaign set up

...the campaign type is set to Search Network Only.

I really want to change it to "Search and Display Network"

I tried to find out which buttons to click...but got nowhere.

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: How do I change my existing campaign type to Networks?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Nick, welcome to the Community.  If you click on your Campaign name in the left column, then the "Settings" tab on the right, then "All Settings" beneath it you should see right near the top of the page a line that begins "Type".  Next to this it should say "Search Network only" and then an "edit" link.  Click edit and the choices will be there.

However, it's very rare - practically never, I'd say - that running Search and Display under the same Campaign is an effective method for AdWords.  The two networks are really quite different in their advertising methodology and results and I'd have to recommend that if you want to explore the Display network you do it by creating a new Campaign specifically for Display.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Nick, welcome to the Community.  If you click on your Campaign name in the left column, then the "Settings" tab on the right, then "All Settings" beneath it you should see right near the top of the page a line that begins "Type".  Next to this it should say "Search Network only" and then an "edit" link.  Click edit and the choices will be there.

However, it's very rare - practically never, I'd say - that running Search and Display under the same Campaign is an effective method for AdWords.  The two networks are really quite different in their advertising methodology and results and I'd have to recommend that if you want to explore the Display network you do it by creating a new Campaign specifically for Display.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear Cobnut - Thanks for your insight, this is VERY difficult for me to grasp. I've been seeing constant notices on adwords suggesting to use both search and display, and I wish there was an 'explanation for idiots' of the difference! Steve Roth