AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How can i optimize to get best ROI?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi Everyone I am new to this community and Adwords too. Want to know how actually can i get the best conversions from the minimum no. of ads. I have all over 3 ads live 2 on search network and the 1 that is banner ad, but the results are not satisfactory enough, what i should be getting. Kindly help me out and suggest some measures to get the best results. Smiley Indifferent

2 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Aashana g
September 2015

Re: How can i optimize to get best ROI?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Aashana - and welcome...

Probably the starting point would be to make sure you are tracking your conversions - there are two main ways to do this - the first is to add AdWords conversion code to a target page on your website such as a thank you page or a sales confirmation page - the other is to configure a goal in Analytics and then import that (after there has been some traffic) back into AdWords as a conversion.

Once you have the conversions tracking then you will be able to see which keywords and ads are triggering the conversions.

At its very simplest AdWords is about doing more of what works and less of what doesn't. With conversion tracking you can start to see which is which.

Once you can see that a particular keyword or group of related keywords are generating good conversion rates, you can separate these into their own ad group(s) and become more aggressive with their bidding strategy.

To further leverage the potential of AdWords you should also look at the extensions available to maximize the returns.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

Further to what Steve said above, I would like to add that experimentation is very important in terms of your Adwords optimization. You should be having multiple options in order to measure the actual ROI of your account.

There should be multiple ad copies with different call to actions and signs in your ad groups so that you can do the Split testing and see what works and what not.

Similarly, testing different version of landing pages is also a good strategy to actually see and check which landing page works well in terms of conversions and which not.

I would also encourage you to read the below informative article and watch the video on what Google has to say on ROI:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722066?hl=en

My couple of cents!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
To add to Steve & Pankaj's comments,

As you are new to Adwords, I would prefer you to choose Search Network Only Campaign first. First start acquiring visitors from Search Network.

If you want to make use of Banners, you will be using Display Network Campaign but I would you not to use it if you are not sure of how to use it. Just by adding a banner to your Display Network campaign may not fetch you better result as it requires you to perform Manual Placement Analysis in choosing better placements for your business. I would prefer you to go through http://www.google.com/ads/displaynetwork/ and https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2471182?hl=en before you start with Display Network.

To make your campaign Search Network Only, please go to campaign settings and change the Type to "Search Network Only".

For Search Network, Keywords are the key. If you have generic Keywords in place, you will be in loss for sure. Start with Specific Keywords first. For example, if you are running an inverter shop, I would prefer choosing "buy APC inverter" as my keyword instead of just "inverter". I would target those who already analyzed about inverter and decided to buy APC inverter.

Also use various keyword match types "exact", "phrase" and "Broad Match Modifier". Do not start with "Broad" match keywords. How it works https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497836?hl=en

Finally the structure of your campaign and adgroups for ROI. Do not just create a campaign and one Adgroup inside and include all your keywords and all your Ads Variations inside. This is not going to solve your problem. Have multiple specific Adgroups for specific keyword and specific Ad for every Adgroup reflecting your Keyword.

Regards,
Balu.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Aashana - and welcome...

Probably the starting point would be to make sure you are tracking your conversions - there are two main ways to do this - the first is to add AdWords conversion code to a target page on your website such as a thank you page or a sales confirmation page - the other is to configure a goal in Analytics and then import that (after there has been some traffic) back into AdWords as a conversion.

Once you have the conversions tracking then you will be able to see which keywords and ads are triggering the conversions.

At its very simplest AdWords is about doing more of what works and less of what doesn't. With conversion tracking you can start to see which is which.

Once you can see that a particular keyword or group of related keywords are generating good conversion rates, you can separate these into their own ad group(s) and become more aggressive with their bidding strategy.

To further leverage the potential of AdWords you should also look at the extensions available to maximize the returns.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

Further to what Steve said above, I would like to add that experimentation is very important in terms of your Adwords optimization. You should be having multiple options in order to measure the actual ROI of your account.

There should be multiple ad copies with different call to actions and signs in your ad groups so that you can do the Split testing and see what works and what not.

Similarly, testing different version of landing pages is also a good strategy to actually see and check which landing page works well in terms of conversions and which not.

I would also encourage you to read the below informative article and watch the video on what Google has to say on ROI:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722066?hl=en

My couple of cents!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
To add to Steve & Pankaj's comments,

As you are new to Adwords, I would prefer you to choose Search Network Only Campaign first. First start acquiring visitors from Search Network.

If you want to make use of Banners, you will be using Display Network Campaign but I would you not to use it if you are not sure of how to use it. Just by adding a banner to your Display Network campaign may not fetch you better result as it requires you to perform Manual Placement Analysis in choosing better placements for your business. I would prefer you to go through http://www.google.com/ads/displaynetwork/ and https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2471182?hl=en before you start with Display Network.

To make your campaign Search Network Only, please go to campaign settings and change the Type to "Search Network Only".

For Search Network, Keywords are the key. If you have generic Keywords in place, you will be in loss for sure. Start with Specific Keywords first. For example, if you are running an inverter shop, I would prefer choosing "buy APC inverter" as my keyword instead of just "inverter". I would target those who already analyzed about inverter and decided to buy APC inverter.

Also use various keyword match types "exact", "phrase" and "Broad Match Modifier". Do not start with "Broad" match keywords. How it works https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497836?hl=en

Finally the structure of your campaign and adgroups for ROI. Do not just create a campaign and one Adgroup inside and include all your keywords and all your Ads Variations inside. This is not going to solve your problem. Have multiple specific Adgroups for specific keyword and specific Ad for every Adgroup reflecting your Keyword.

Regards,
Balu.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yeah thanks steve for answering the question. and yes i have already done the same thing conversion and goal setting, still not getting the good results Smiley Sad actually the thing is I have very small budget and generate maximum of it. Suggest some measures and steps to get best ROI in case of low budget. Smiley Happy Thanks in advance!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Pankaj.. will go through it Smiley Happy