AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How can i create an ad group to target specific city ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i wish to create multiple ads and/or ad groups within one single campaign and have each ad target a different city/location.  (instead of having one campaign per location).

we are going to have hundreds of (local) ads running simultaneously so having one campaign for each city seems unmanagable.

thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How can i create an ad group to target specific city ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Greatscott,

Welcome to the AdWords community Smiley Happy

Location targeting is available at campaigns level. This setting is not available at Ad Group/Ads level. So Its better go with different campaigns for different locations.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: How can i create an ad group to target specific city ?

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi,

I agree with Rakesh here.

If you wish to target multiple locations with specific ad messaging, you have no choice but to create campaigns targeting each location separately. Only when you do this, will you be able to use specific ad messaging like mentioning the city name in your ad copies to attract users from those cities.

Not only does it allow flexibility with respect to ad messaging, it gives you flexibility to test different locations against each other. Apart from this, you can also narrow down on the best performing location for you and then allocate more budget to it, thereby adding to its potential and exploiting it to the max.

As you mentioned, you will be running hundreds of ads simultaneously. Doing this, will not be an easy task if you run just a single campaign. While, the same will be an easy job to execute and manage if you run multiple location campaigns simultaneously.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"