AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How can I tie certain key words to a certain ad?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How can I tie certain key words to a certain ad?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: How can I tie certain key words to a certain ad?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Don

This is simple.

1. Create an ad group within a running or a new campaign.
  2. Add all those keywords to this new ad group.
  3. Create one ore more ads for this new ad group.

Voilà, ready to go. Those keywords are now bound to the new ad group and the ads connected to this ad group. 

Make sure you don't have the same keywords running in some other ad group(s) as it would interfere with this new ad group. If necessary you can cut and paste keywords from one ad group to the other, which is very easy to do with the AdWords editor. 

Regards

Aleks

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Don V,

The best way to tie certain keywords to certain ads is to have really detailed campaigns and ad groups. Lets say you have the keyword "red shoes" and your campaign is Shoes.

Campaign: Shoes

Ad Group: Red Shoes

Ad Group: Blue Shoes

Ad Group: Black Shoes

Within that "red shoes: ad group you can include other variations of the keyword red shoes such as "buy red shoes", "cheap red shoes" etc. AND then with your ad copy you can include the keyword in all the ads with no issues because your ad group is only based on red shoes and variations of the same keyword.

Another great thing that will really put your keyword in your ad (depending on if the keyword is under character limit)is the dynamic keyword insertion.  So lets say I search for "cheap red shoes"  and this is the ad copy I wrote:

{KeyWord:Red Shoes}

Great Red Shoes

Save 70%, Buy Now

It will show like this to the searcher:

Cheap Red Shoes

Great Red Shoes

Save 70%, Buy Now

Its because I used the dynamic keyword insertion code {KeyWord:Red Shoe}.  It picks up on searchers term because it was within the character limit and they used the keyword red shoes, and if I had the phrase match keyword "red shoes" in my ad group then your ad will show up.

Here is the link to learn more about dynamic insertion: http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454041

This is a better example as well Screenshot_22.png

PPCSophie
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Don

This is simple.

1. Create an ad group within a running or a new campaign.
  2. Add all those keywords to this new ad group.
  3. Create one ore more ads for this new ad group.

Voilà, ready to go. Those keywords are now bound to the new ad group and the ads connected to this ad group. 

Make sure you don't have the same keywords running in some other ad group(s) as it would interfere with this new ad group. If necessary you can cut and paste keywords from one ad group to the other, which is very easy to do with the AdWords editor. 

Regards

Aleks