AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How can I tell if a site has banned my ad?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We were seeing good results on a specific website for our display ads, but the clicks/conversions have dried up.  Is there a way to see if we have been blocked or if we simply have been outbid?  Any help is appreciated!

thanks,

T

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How can I tell if a site has banned my ad?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hmmm...Nice question;

As far as I know, if a publisher banned your ads on the publisher's site; you are not notified.

The best would be to check with our colleagues at the Adsense help forum;

http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/adsense

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: How can I tell if a site has banned my ad?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi phipps,

Are you still getting impressions? Have you added the site as a managed placement?

There's no way to find out if a publisher has blocked your ads. If you haven't added as a managed placement, do so now. That will assure you get counts of impressions. If your CTR has gone down, it could be due to an increase competition on the site. If that's the case, raising your CPC bid for that site might be needed to get your ad shown more often and in a higher position.

Many times, if you have no clicks on an automatic placement you will not get data on the number of impressions. Not so with managed placements.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords