AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How can I set it up so that I run a display ad only on youtube next to my channel's videos?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to run one of the box ads that appear next to youtube videos on the right hand side. I want the ad to always play when my own videos are being watched. I also want to be able to have it to display on groups similiar to mine. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How can I set it up so that I run a display ad only on youtube next to my channel's videos?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Bobbyorangeleaf,

It sounds like running an AdWords for Video campaign will help you achieve your goal of running ads next to both your videos and other videos with similar content. I’d recommend using True View in-display video ads which are used to promote a video next to YouTube videos.

When creating the video campaign, you will want to ensure under the ‘ad (optional)’ setting you choose for the ad to only be shown in YouTube Search and Video only in the in-display format. For the campaign's targeting settings, you will want to select your channel videos as specific content on which you would like the ads to show (i.e. managed placement). To show the ads next to videos with similar content, you will want to refine the targeting by selecting a corresponding topic.

I hope this information helps. Feel free to respond to the post if you have any further questions.  

Juliana S.