AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How can I set a beginning and ending date for my ad offer.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have limited time promotional offers.  I want to set up the ad in advance using a beginning run date and an ending date.  Can this be done?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How can I set a beginning and ending date for my ad offer.

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Russell M,

Welcome,

Edited: Sorry! i did some mistake to understand your question properly.Previously there was an ad extension in adwords is "offer extension" where google allowed to promote your offer along with your ads.But this is not available now.

What you can do is create a campaign with predefind end date and run ads to promote your offer.

To set up the end date:

1. Select your campaign
2.Go to the "Setting Tab"
3.under the Advanced Setting Option select "Schedule: Start date, end date, ad scheduling" and in the End Date field set your date accordingly.

To access the Advanced Setting option your camapign should be opted for "All Features"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I don't see the "Setting Tab". When I select the manage button in the upper right corner of the page, next to the "view statistics" and Pause/Active button, all I have is "change your audience setting" and "budget settings".

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Russell,

If you want to set up ads in advance run date and End Date there could be 2 cases in that.

Case 1: If you want to run all the ads of a particular campaign for a specific period: Then you click on Campaigns tab and click on that campaign and after that click on settings tab after that scroll down and in advance settings there would schedule options and you can schedule your ads from there.

Case: 2 if you want some of the ads for a particular campaign to be run for specific period: First you to create a Campaign and set its start date and end date that you want for your ads to be run and place your ad groups ads & Keywords, this can easily be done via copy and paste.

Once you create you campaign with Start, End dates & other required settings then you go to your old campaign and copy that ad group which have those ads and keywords which you want to be run for specific period.

Please read this link: https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/38653?hl=en

Now your campaign is ready for ads to be run with specific start & End dates.

Regards,
Rupesh

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Good morning.

Let me ask, Russell M, are you running AdWords or AdWords Express?  

If you're running AdWords, the Settings tab is the third one from the left  Click the Campaigns tab on the dark green menu bar, then find the light green menu bar a little way down the page--it goes Campaigns--Ad Groups--Settings--Ads--etc.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*