AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How can I see modified broad match results/options?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there a tool I can use to see what alternatives to a single word google matches?

I'd like to not have keywords that were overlapping, and more importantly I don't want to think that google will match a synonym of a modified broad match, but have it not.

example. For the word +automobile I can assume that the keyword car would be matched, but how do I know if truck will be matched? How about if I do +{car manufacturer} will it match to Ford and General Motors? How about +{Ford Motors} - does that match to General Motors?

Is there a tool that can show you what the matches are?

Thanks!

-FM

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author FlorianM
September 2015

Re: How can I see modified broad match results/options?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello FlorianM;

The broad match modified (+ before the keyword ) does not include synonyms.

However please note that  you cannot combine various matches for a keyword (e.g +[Ford motors]) - it just doesn't have any meaning.

The following article gives in depth explanation:

AdWords Keyword Match Types

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author FlorianM
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello FlorianM;

The broad match modified (+ before the keyword ) does not include synonyms.

However please note that  you cannot combine various matches for a keyword (e.g +[Ford motors]) - it just doesn't have any meaning.

The following article gives in depth explanation:

AdWords Keyword Match Types

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for sorting that out. I've seen various examples of how to use it across the web. What about +{New York} ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Obviously the examples I've seen are wrong. So for New York you use +New +York.

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Yep;

And that will cover  the following formats:  "new York", "New yorker" "new yorking" (?- is there), "newer yorker" (? -If this form existed.)