AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How can I see if ads are directing to a product which is no longer in stock?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've just inherrited an account with just under 18,000 ads in total, and looking through the account, I've noticed a few ads which go to landing pages of products which are no longer available.  I was wondering if there is a way at all to see quickly if ads are going to these types of pages, rather than having to go through each individual ad.

Unfortunately the landing pages are not 404s which would have made it much easier, they just say that the product is no longer available and suggests alternatives.

I'm really hoping someone can help me with this as I don't want to spend the next week on this one if possible!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How can I see if ads are directing to a product which is no longer in stock?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

Did you try the Destination URL report of your account? It's available under Dimensions Tab and it might help you in checking the pages with no products listed as you said.

I am afraid but I couldn't think of any other resolution currently because you said that there are no 404 pages. 

Getting the Destination URL Report and cross checking with your website pages will help you in identifying how many rectifications are required to be done as far as destination URLs are concerned. Finding them and then setting a keyword level destination URL might be one of the resolution.

Hope that helps somewhere!

Pankaj

Re: How can I see if ads are directing to a product which is no longer in stock?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

If you have list of products which are out of stock then you can implement adwords scripts to pause adcopies which point to those products.

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Manage-ads/Turn-on-and-off-keywords-depending-on-product-in-...

This thread is a very similar one and with a little bit of javascript you can make this work

Regards

Nik

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog