AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How can I most effectively target business owners within a very niche service?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've been racking my brain trying to understand how I can most effectively target the business owners in a very specific niche. Let me explain and provide more details. 

The company that I work for is called Power Selling Pros. We train customer service reps on how to better handle phone calls, price objections, booking appointments, etc. We primarily work with companies that provide home services such as AC Heating and Cooling, HVAC Repair, etc. 

I am trying to target the business owners/decision makers in these home service businesses to show them how we can provide training and improve their call handling team. I understand that I should think of what the business owners/decision makers do when they are online, but I am at a loss. Is there a way to get data on this? I do have a large list of email leads. Would it be wise to target these email leads on a Gmail Ad Campaign? What other targeting methods can I utilize to put my message in front of my audience?

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Lukas

You can use your list, as long as it was opt-in, as a customer match list and you can target them in search and display too. 

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6379332?hl=en

You can even use a "Similar To" list to target similar users to users in your list on Gmail and Youtube. 

Hope that helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, this definitely helps! My customer list was definitely an opt-in so I will be utilizing this. 

Hypothetically, if I didn't have this email list, what would be the best way to try and target my very specific niche?