AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How can I insert remarketing code into flash banner?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey,

a page were will be our banner do NOT care if we remarket its visitors but they do NOT wanna insert remarketing code (system problem).

Therefore I wanna insert remarketing code into flash banner or any other.

Is it possible?

Thanks, 

- Lukas
3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
November 2015

Re: How can I insert remarketing code into flash banner?

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Hi Lukas,

I think your problem is more technical than policy. In order to run Javascript from a Flash file, the function called must already exist on the page. The AdWords remarketing code loads a bunch of values into a few variables, then loads and runs the .js script file. I'm not sure you can actually do that from within Flash or within a Javascript function.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Lukas, how are things?

Although I'm not certain about this, I'd say that IF this is possible, is certainly not standard implementation and can violate user privacy or even Google policy.

One other important thing, is that FLASH is being deprecated, and Chrome by default now turn off a LOT of flash content. Banners should be converted to HTML5 formats, as I recommend you see this page right here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6249073?hl=en

Hope this helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
To make sure, I will not use Google Banner Ads.
The page where we wanna put our banners does not support HTML5 Banners :/
Any other idea how to implement Google Remarketing Code in Banner Ads (No Google Ads)?

Thanks,
- Lukas

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hello Lucas, hope you are doing great.

Please let me know what do you consider to be a difference between Google Banner Ads and Google Ads.
Adwords Remarketing codes are placed on the website - you can choose specific pages where you would place them. As alternative you can use GA remarketing, please refer to:
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2611268?hl=en

Cheers,
Alexey
Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Alexey,

I am going to put banners on someone else page (X page). Admin of the X page can not put the remarketing code in the page directly, but he allowed me to use remarketing code ( if it is possible) in banners. Therefore I am trying to find out if is possible to insert Google Remarketing Code in the Banner?
- Lukas

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
I still keep my statement that this would go against Google policy, because if it was possible, users would be able to gather audience from any website inside Display Network.

There are 3rd party tool with similar results, but you'll need to hire their tools instead of using Google Remarketing.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Can you send me a link where I could see if it is prohibited?
- Lukas

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star
There're no official links about this specific topic, but I'm sure this would fall over this two articles right here:

Abuse of the ad Network
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6020954?hl=en

What to include in your privacy policy for remarketing
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2549063?hl=en

As we can refer to the many articles about Remarketing, Google always treat remarketing as "people who previously visited YOUR website".

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
November 2015

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Hi Lukas,

I think your problem is more technical than policy. In order to run Javascript from a Flash file, the function called must already exist on the page. The AdWords remarketing code loads a bunch of values into a few variables, then loads and runs the .js script file. I'm not sure you can actually do that from within Flash or within a Javascript function.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords