AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How can I exclude a webpage on my site from my remarketing audience list?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I was wondering if someone could tell me how I exclude immediate bouncers from my All Visitors Remarketing list?

Thank you for any advice!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
May 2017

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Alan B,

Yup, this is definitely doable. By utilizing "custom combination" list within Adwords, you can target your remarketing list - minus the immediate bouncers (setup the immediate bouncers list in analytics). Basically just set up your bouncer list in Analytics by using audience conditions: Page < Exactly Matches < yourlandingpageurl.com (add filter) Exit Page < Starts With < yourlandingpageurl.com

There are a few ways to capture that "bouncer" audience. Just make sure your Analytics is linked up with your Adwords account so you can import that audience list over to Adwords to utilize within the "custom combination" feature. 

Let me know if this makes sense?

Cheers!

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
May 2017

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Alan B,

Yup, this is definitely doable. By utilizing "custom combination" list within Adwords, you can target your remarketing list - minus the immediate bouncers (setup the immediate bouncers list in analytics). Basically just set up your bouncer list in Analytics by using audience conditions: Page < Exactly Matches < yourlandingpageurl.com (add filter) Exit Page < Starts With < yourlandingpageurl.com

There are a few ways to capture that "bouncer" audience. Just make sure your Analytics is linked up with your Adwords account so you can import that audience list over to Adwords to utilize within the "custom combination" feature. 

Let me know if this makes sense?

Cheers!

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

You can also create a new remarketing list and use it as a "negative" remarketing list.

Re: How can I exclude a webpage on my site from my remarketing audience list?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Cameron,

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it!

The proposal you provided below only works if you are looking for the immediate bouncers on a specific page. Is it possible to setup a condition that would work for all pages on the site?

I am guessing the below is incorrect as this would apply to all users.

Conditions
Page: contains "ecoheatcool.co.uk/"
Exit Page: contains "ecoheatcool.co.uk/"

Any ideas?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

@Alan B

Yes there is. Try this out: Audience Condition (bounces > 0)

Basically, create a segment in Analytics to double check your Active Users data. There is a selection for "Bounced Sessions"...click on Actions < Build Audience.

Screen Shot 2017-05-18 at 3.45.19 PM.png

Then it will take you to the audience builder screen where it should auto populate your conditions. After you apply it then it will display the amount of users in this list from the last 7 days. Now you can publish this to your Adwords account to retarget!

Screen Shot 2017-05-18 at 3.47.59 PM.png 

Let me know if this worked?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Great feedback! Smiley Happy

Thanks for the information it was just what I was looking for! Smiley Happy