AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How can I define the order of upgraded sitelinks in Google Adwords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I switched to upgraded sitelinks and was wondering how I can order them in Google Adwords.

This is possible with non-upgraded sitelinks but I can't figure out how it works with upgraded ones.

Thanks.

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How can I define the order of upgraded sitelinks in Google Adwords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Dominic,

I am not sure if I understood your question here correctly. Can you elaborate more on your question please?

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dominik E
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Dominik, if you're talking about the order in which the sitelinks are listed when they're added to a Campaign, the only way I've found to do this is by adding them in the order that I want.  If you've already applied the Sitelinks you'll need to remove them, then re-add them in the order you require.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Surely now that Upgraded Sitelinks are supported in Editor there will be a change in the not too distant future to allow you to define their order in the same way you were able to with Legacy sitelinks. This is a really inconvenient oversight that at least doubles the time it would take you to re-order these before. As is the fact that you can no longer simply copy sitelinks from one campaign to another in Editor and make basic changes to the tracking code on the URL if needed. Doing that now changes the original sitelink as well as the pasted version.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee
The order in which upgraded sitelinks are listed under a campaign does not matter: the actual ad serving system doesn't pay any attention to it, but selects those sitelinks for display that it thinks are "best" for a particular ad impression (before you ask, I don't really know what it means to be "best").

This is why neither the online interface nor Editor provide any means to reorder those sitelinks - just as they don't provide any means to reorder, say, ads within an ad group.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi David,

I have heard this is supposed to be the case although i can assure you that all 6 sitelinks i have for mobile and desktop/tablet are in the order i place them in each and every time. The only time this may change that i have seen is if in the rare case enhanced sitelinks appear. Then i have sometimes seen a lower link making it into the top 4.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The only way I can think of is arrrenge the sitelinks in the same order in which you want them to come in the ad copy. Everytime it doesn't work, but mostly its working for the account i'm managing.