AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How am I charged for Video Ads?

Google Employee
# 1
Google Employee

It is a common misconception that advertising with video can be expensive. El explains how this is not the case.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hannah
September 2015

Re: How am I charged for Video Ads?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

With Video ads, you only pay when a viewer actively selects your video, or chooses to continue watching a video when it first loads as they browse video content.

Cost-per-view (CPV) bidding is the default way to set the price you'll pay for your AdWords video ads (when created with AdWords for video). With CPV you pay only when a viewer watches your video. With AdWords for video reporting, you're able to evaluate how engaged viewers are with your content, where they choose to watch your videos, and when they drop off from watching your content.

Similarly to text ads using CPC on the search network, where you only pay when you actually get a click - you only pay when someone actually watches your video!

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hannah
September 2015

Re: How am I charged for Video Ads?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

With Video ads, you only pay when a viewer actively selects your video, or chooses to continue watching a video when it first loads as they browse video content.

Cost-per-view (CPV) bidding is the default way to set the price you'll pay for your AdWords video ads (when created with AdWords for video). With CPV you pay only when a viewer watches your video. With AdWords for video reporting, you're able to evaluate how engaged viewers are with your content, where they choose to watch your videos, and when they drop off from watching your content.

Similarly to text ads using CPC on the search network, where you only pay when you actually get a click - you only pay when someone actually watches your video!