AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How To Use Combination Audiences For Search

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

I am looking for some feedback on how to apply combinations on Search campaigns. I have done this in the past, but not since Q2, so I am unaware if a targeting option has been changed since then. In the past I have been able to make custom audiences so that I can target a Site Visitor/Non Converter based on the time since their last visit to the site. I had worked with accounts in the past where I would use durations such as 0-5 Day, 10-20 Day and 30+ audiences. For some reason, I cannot setup the audiences to these time lapse audiences for Search campaigns any more. Did something change recently that removed this ability? 

Re: How To Use Combination Audiences For Search

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hey Steven,

I have a couple rule-based suggestions that might help.

-- If you have a tag that targets all site visitors, you can create a rule to say "Visitors of a page with a specific tag" and then you can set membership duration
-- You can also say members to a certain page within set date ranges.

Then, no matter which of the above options you chose, you could exclude any audiences that had been on a page that had your conversion tag, which would ensure you were only remarketing to non-converters.