AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How To See Total Sales Generated Through a Keyword

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I am looking at pausing one of our ads which has a relatively high cost per conversion. However, before I do so, I want to be able to see the total value of the sales that were generated through that keyword. For example, if the cost per conversion is high but the value of all sales attributed to it are also high, it could make it worthwhile retaining.

How do I go about getting this kind of information?

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Tiffany (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: How To See Total Sales Generated Through a Keyword

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello bigdiscount,

If you have assigned a value to your conversion tracking code then it's simply a case of setting an appropriate date range (perhaps 'All Time' in your case) and then reviewing the total revenue for that particular keyword via the interface. 

If you don't a value set then you will need to manually make some comparisons. If the keyword is related to a product with a specific sales price then you will need to multiply the total number of conversions against that value and then compare it against the total cost within the same date range to identify your ROI. 

Kind regards,

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Tiffany (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello bigdiscount,

If you have assigned a value to your conversion tracking code then it's simply a case of setting an appropriate date range (perhaps 'All Time' in your case) and then reviewing the total revenue for that particular keyword via the interface. 

If you don't a value set then you will need to manually make some comparisons. If the keyword is related to a product with a specific sales price then you will need to multiply the total number of conversions against that value and then compare it against the total cost within the same date range to identify your ROI. 

Kind regards,

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello bigdiscount,

In addition to spot on reply from Scott (as always), I would also like to mention about Ecommerce Tracking if you happen to use Google Analytics also along with Google Adwords. By using this advanced methodology, you can get the revenue figures, profit etc.. attached with your particular product inside Google Analytics.

See this documentation for more details

Hope that helps somewhere!

Pankaj

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello bigdiscount, I am not sure we understood your question well. If you provide more info it will be helpful. From what I understood this is my additional answer:

If everything is set up right on the conversion tracking side, including the value for each conversion - It should be easy to see the total conversion value at a keyword level. It's just a matter of setting the interface to display the value. To do this, navigate to that specific keyword (where you can see statistics for it -> clicks, impressions) and then click on the Columns tab (just below the Keywords tab, on the same line with Segment and Filter) then select Customize Columns, next click on the Conversions metric and then on Total conv. value. After you do this you should be able to see the total conversion value at keyword level.