AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How To Manage A Seasonal Campaign?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Every One,

I have created a seasional campaign for one month with relevant keywords and ads. I just wanted to know how i can manage this seasonal campaign of only one month offer and get conversions? As every campaign need to gain history to get conversions. Is there any way to manage seasional campaigns of one month? Please share some experiences in such situations if any one has gone through?

Thanks,

Hema

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How To Manage A Seasonal Campaign?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Hema,

>> As every campaign need to gain history to get conversions <<

That's the wrong assumption. Campaigns are eligible to accrue conversions right from the very beginning. You, of course, may need stats to gain experience with AdWords but it does not prevent you from getting conversions from the very first impression on.

Best,

Lakatos

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Hema

As Lakatos correctly mentioned that your campaign can start accruing conversions from day 1,its just that the conversion tracking tool has certain pre requisites when it comes to recording conversions taking place on your website.

Just make sure to accrue as many relevant impressions on your keywords sighting the short duration of the season you are targeting. Bidding competitively would help to gain good ad positions for higher visibility. Make sure that you do justice to the landing pages as well. 

The thing with seasonal campaigns is that it doesn't give the advertiser much time to work ,optimize or project stuff and thus one has to be right on the spot from day 1.

Warning- Keep a strict check on the keyword attributes (match type etc) and bids while the campaign is live,don't go over board in lieu of receiving maximum exposure and wasting money and energy on irrelevant targeting.

Hope it all works good for you. 

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi Hema, 

Interesting question here and some really helpful responses!

I'd agree with Mudit and suggest bidding aggressively at first to help get your campaign kick started, and then you can decrease your bids later in the campaign once it is slightly more established if you need to. 

Good luck with the campaign!

A.