AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How Many Adgroups In Display Network

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi (again Smiley Happy

I am trying to get my head around the display network and i have one quoestion.

I want to set up a campaign for a region where i life, in that region is my home city and a view smaller cities and villages

The company i want to set this up for has different services, he is a painter and he does different kind of painting outside, inside stuff like that.

Now do i have to create a new adgroup for every service + city? I have used the location tool so i have already pinpointed where the ads need to show up 

Now my question is do i need to create a adgroup for every single city + service like in the search network?

I hope it was clear what i was trying to ask

Thanks

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author DaveZegers
September 2015

Re: How Many Adgroups In Display Network

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

You don't have to set up your seach campaigns in such a way. If that's how you want to structure your adgroups cool, but you don't have to structure your campaigns/adgroups in any specific way. Smiley Happy

The display network is a completely different critter though. KW's for display advertising are meant to create a context (contextual targeting) to give the google machine some idea of which websites content fits the context of your adgroup. You don't even need (or have to) use KW's to determine the context for your display network targeting. I have found success with using topic and interest category targeting on the display network. Neither of those targeting options need any KW's. Perhaps by not using KW's with display ads, it may help to think about display advertising differently than search?

As long as your campaign targeting is set to the area you want to serve ads in, and you exclude users outside of your targeted area in the campaign settings, then you shouldn't have to worry about including any location based KW's in your display adgroups.

Tom

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author DaveZegers
September 2015

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

You don't have to set up your seach campaigns in such a way. If that's how you want to structure your adgroups cool, but you don't have to structure your campaigns/adgroups in any specific way. Smiley Happy

The display network is a completely different critter though. KW's for display advertising are meant to create a context (contextual targeting) to give the google machine some idea of which websites content fits the context of your adgroup. You don't even need (or have to) use KW's to determine the context for your display network targeting. I have found success with using topic and interest category targeting on the display network. Neither of those targeting options need any KW's. Perhaps by not using KW's with display ads, it may help to think about display advertising differently than search?

As long as your campaign targeting is set to the area you want to serve ads in, and you exclude users outside of your targeted area in the campaign settings, then you shouldn't have to worry about including any location based KW's in your display adgroups.

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Tom

I will checkout the links and rethink my stragety