AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How Keyword Match Works for PPC

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys i need your suggestion related to keyword match type. If i add a keyword in broad match or any match type like "debt consolidation loans" in ad-group, can i know with how many keywords our ad is showing? Is it possible? How can i know the keyword through our ad is showing right now? I am waiting for your suggestion?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Arun Jha
September 2015

Re: How Keyword Match Works for PPC

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Just to expand on Jon's great answer...

If you do want to see what other search terms have triggered your ad via an included broad match keyword then you will need to do the following:

1.) Wait a day or two until you have a significant amount of data within your search network campaign.

2.) Set a time period which covers this time and then navigate to your Keywords tab.

3.) Click on the Keyword details dropdown button and then select All.

4.) Here you will be presented with a list of search terms which have triggered your ad but are not necessarily included as keywords within your campaign.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi akjha and welcome to the forum.

It's not possible to know which keyword triggered the display of an Ad at any given time, unless it's the only Ad triggered over a long enough period that you can be certain it is the one you've seen, which is almost impossible to tell as Adwords statistics are delayed by an hour or so.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "know(ing) with how many keywords our ad is showing".  You can see statistics for impressions (where an Ad is shown) and clicks for each Keyword within your campaign(s).

Jon 

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Cobnut,

Thanks a lot for suggesting me.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Arun Jha
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Just to expand on Jon's great answer...

If you do want to see what other search terms have triggered your ad via an included broad match keyword then you will need to do the following:

1.) Wait a day or two until you have a significant amount of data within your search network campaign.

2.) Set a time period which covers this time and then navigate to your Keywords tab.

3.) Click on the Keyword details dropdown button and then select All.

4.) Here you will be presented with a list of search terms which have triggered your ad but are not necessarily included as keywords within your campaign.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

But i want to know that the list of keywords it will show after selcting all, will it be clicks, impresion or both for the particular keywords match?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

It will be for clicks. For example, if you had an ad group with thousands of impressions but no clicks then there would be no data in that section to review.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Okey thank you very much.