AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How Increase Text Ads Heading Character Limit?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Friends,

According to Google guideline the limit of heading in text ads is 25 character, But I have seen this limit is more on some text ads on google search such as "Accounts payable outsourcing" is 28 character. So guys I want to know how I can increase this limit in my heading..Please give your kind suggestion...

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

How I Increase Heading Character Limit in Text Ads?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Friends,

According to Google guideline the limit of heading in text ads is 25 character, But I have seen this limit is more on some text ads on google search such as "Accounts payable outsourcing" is 28 character. So guys I want to know how I can increase this limit in my heading..Please give your kind suggestion...

Thanks

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Alys (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: How I Increase Heading Character Limit in Text Ads?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello karan1;

This is not a feature that is within your control;

Google sometimes will allow more than 25 characters (e.g. Having the domain in the headline, or in some languages), However, this is not an "option" that you can choose or modify for your needs. You should have your ad-copy within the number of characters set by Google as a standard.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is Google gives this facility to some special one?

I have seen several ads which have more than 25 characters..

I think this is due to dynamic ads...

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Karan,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

In addition to what Moshe said, I would like to say that Google does give longer text ads permission for some Eastern European and Asian Countries. Refer to this for more details.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

karan1;

In DKI, if you exceed the number of characters, the "default" takes place.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: How Increase Text Ads Heading Character Limit?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Karan,

You are right, according to Google Adwords the limit of headline in text ad is 25 characters only. I have also seen exceeding character in headlines. When I researched on internet then I found various post related to this issue and they were saying that it happened because of "Dynamic Key Insertion". However I am not sure is it right information or not? For more details you can go through with following link:

http://www.webhelp.co.nz/blog/2009/02/18/extend-google-adwords-character-limits-with-keyword-inserti...

http://www.davidnrothwell.com/how-to-get-more-than-25-characters-in-your-adwords-ads-headline-4453/

Thanks

Anchal

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thanks for this information...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've replied to another post in the forum regarding this and asked the same question. Here is the example of what I saw. And this isn't in eastern europe.charlimit0613.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Further to this topic - We're based within the UK and have noticed another company (a much larger company than us) does exceed this limit, allowing them to place a highly desirable keyword on their headline. I've pasted this below, but removed the company name and replaced it with [XX] (I hope this doesn't contravene forums rules?)

Black Leather Messenger Bag‎
www.[XX].com/_Leather-Wear

Shop Black Leather Wear
at [XX] & Enjoy Free Shipping!‎

Now, obviously the second line is the display URL, and this ad is appearing 3rd down on the right hand side. However, there's no way I can fit in "Black Leather Messenger Bag‎" as a headline in our ads, this is truncated to "Black Leather Messenger B"

Could anyone shed any light on this? Is this just preferential treatment of a larger advertiser?

Warmest regards